The personal information we collect
- Your user name, Internet provider's domain name, browser, and operating system are automatically recognized by our Web server. This information becomes part of our Website statistics and is used to determine the value of our Web pages and to monitor our Web traffic. We do not acquire any more information about Website visitors than is required by law or is otherwise necessary to provide a high level of service efficiently and securely.
- Information you submit on our Website forms, such as your name, phone, email, address, etc. is stored on our servers for business processes such as event registration.
We will not sell, trade, or receive payment for licensing or disclosing your personal information.
How We Use Your Information
- We do not share Website visitor information with any other organizations. Website files and tables are accessible to only those employees or technical providers who require it to perform their jobs.
- Information you enter on the Website such as your name, company, email, phone, etc. is used by our staff to respond to your feedback and process your requests. We train all of our employees about the importance of privacy. We give access to information about Website visitors only to those employees who require it to perform their jobs.
- Subscribers and affiliated organizations' information is kept on file and used by Foundation staff, when necessary, for standard business operations.
- When volunteering to participate in a research project or on a committee, your contact information will be shared with the necessary involved parties, such as our project managers and the principal investigator for a project.
- Utilities that volunteer to participate in a project will have their contact information posted on the Website in the Request for Proposals (RFP) section and the utility name will appear in the participant list on the project snapshot.
- Individuals and organizations who submit a case study of their use of Foundation research will have their names and a contact email posted if permission is given during the case study interview.
- Subscribers have the option to sign up for our email newsletter, Water Research Update. The email you provide will be used for this purpose. Email newsletters can be "unsubscribed" by following the link posted at the bottom of every newsletter. Email communication that is essential to our business operation cannot be excluded.
- Subscribers may update their personal information, such as email address, by logging into the subscriber-only section of our Website.
Entry into this area requires a username and password. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your username / password and restricted from sharing that password with non-Water Research Foundation subscribers.
Cookies allow the Web server to offer specific pages to you after a single login. A cookie is a small program that resides on your computer hard drive and is for use with this Website only. Cookies do not act maliciously on computer systems. They are merely text files that can be deleted at any time by the user. Cookies cannot be used to spread viruses and they cannot access your hard drive.
After login, as you browse our site, cookies may be used to determine access to subscriber-only areas. If a cookie is needed, subscribers who have disabled support of cookies in their browser will be prompted to login to every restricted page.
Links to other sites
Information that we publish on the World Wide Web may contain links to other sites. All links to other sites found on this site are publicly available on the World Wide Web and are provided solely for the convenience of users. The Foundation makes no representations about any other Website that you may access through this site. Unless expressly stated in writing, the Foundation does not endorse any products or services offered by any company or person linked to this site. Third-party Internet sites and services accessible through links on our site have separate privacy and data collection practices, independent of ours. We have neither responsibility nor liability for these independent policies or actions.
Third-party service providers
Ad servers or banner advertising
We do not partner with or have special relationships with any ad server companies. The Foundation does not endorse any products.
We have appropriate security measures in place at our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our site.
If you feel that this site is not following its stated information policy, you may contact us at the above addresses or phone number.
You agree to fully indemnify the Foundation and to hold the Foundation harmless from any and all claims, demands, actions, or litigations (including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs) resulting from your acts, omissions, or representations in any way related to your access to, and/or use of, this site.
Any failure by the Foundation to enforce any provision of this policy shall not be construed as a continuing waiver of any rights under such provision. If any provision of this policy shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this policy and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. From time to time, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses solely within our organization not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future, we will post the policy changes to our Website to notify you of these changes. If you are concerned about how your information is used, you should check back at our Website periodically.
Limitation of liability and disclaimer of warranty:
The Foundation assumes no responsibility and shall not be liable for any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in this site or your downloading of any materials from this site.
WHILE THE FOUNDATION ATTEMPTS TO CONVEY ACCURATE AND CURRENT INFORMATION ON THIS SITE, THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS SITE MAY CONTAIN TYPOGRAPHICAL OR TECHNICAL ERRORS. YOU ARE ADVISED TO CONFIRM THE ACCURACY OF ANY INFORMATION PRESENTED AT THIS SITE BEFORE RELYING ON IT IN ANY WAY. NEITHER THE FOUNDATION NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THIS SITE IS LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO, OR USE OF, THIS SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT WILL THE FOUNDATION BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ANY USE OF THIS WEBSITE, EVEN IF THE FOUNDATION IS EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
The Foundation makes no representations about any technical information, advice, or report available on this site. Users should contact qualified personnel to review any information on the Website to determine its efficacy and applicability before any use. Placement of information on this site is not an endorsement or sponsorship of the creators or authors of the information. The display of a Foundation trademark or logo does not constitute an endorsement of any person or any product or service offered by such person.